Science Carnival – The 11th and 12th graders are excited to share their science knowledge with the 3rd-6th graders at AIS! They have put together an interactive, fun and exciting series of activities for your children to participate in. The Carnival will take place on the AIS Tennis Courts and runs from 10am to 12pm on Saturday, October 18th. Please join us!
The Dasman Institute professionals will be coming to AIS this week to gather data for this important project. I encourage you to fully support the project as we provide critical data to examine the health of our children. Several schools are participating in the project including BSK and ASK. This is our second year and I was very impressed with the professional manner and resources that the team employed.
The measures are taken by professional medical staff and do not involve the taking of blood from the child. The entire process will take a few minutes.
If you have a reason not to involve your child, please email Ms. Hanan at firstname.lastname@example.org before noon on Sunday and tell her that you want your child to be removed from the project.
If you have further questions please speak to Mr. Kevin or contact Dr. Bahareh Azizi via email: email@example.com or phone: +965 2224 2999 ext. 2017.
SCHOOL ELECTRONIC RECORD PROJECT مشروع السجل الإلكتروني
The purpose of the study is to collect and document students’ health information.
The information gained will help researchers develop and implement research-based programs to target overall health and well-being of the student population in Kuwait.
The information gathered will be stored in a secure, confidential electronic record database and your child’s personal identifying information will not be used in any way.
Access to electronic records will be restricted to authorized users: selected school administration (i.e. School Nurse) and Dasman Diabetes Institute (DDI) researchers involved in the project.
You are free to choose whether your child participates or does not participate in the study. Participation is free of charge.
All children will be measured for height, weight, and eye sight. If you would like your child to participate in the study, they will be measured for blood pressure, heart rate, survey questions related to diet and physical activity, and finger glucose testing.
- On Tuesday of this week all staff will be participating in training on assessment and how we can be more effective in the classroom. In order to do this, students will be dismissed at 11:00 am. Please make the necessary arrangements to have your child picked up. Busses will depart at 11:15 am.
- ID Tags have been issued to all Grade 3-5 students. They are required to wear them each day. The cards will serve as identification for the students, library cards and may provide printing services in the future. Replacement cost for a lost card is 5KD. All students in Grades Pre-K to 2 will receive the cards but they will be kept by the teacher.
- The ministry has notified us of the full week holiday for Eid. Please enjoy the holiday with family and accept our best wishes for you.
- We will not be acknowledging Halloween this year as per direction from the Ministry of Private Education.
- We have managed to arrange for IB Training for 90 elementary teachers on October 28-29. Four trainers will be arriving from around the world to work with our staff. This training is important for your child to receive the best quality of education that we can provide. On those two days, school will be cancelled for students in the elementary. Students in the Middle School and High School will have an early dismissal on the 28th of October only. October 29 will be a regular school day for all.
Thank-you for working with us to make your child’s experience the best that it can be.
We are off to a very smooth start this year and are looking forward to the challenges ahead of us. We grow when we are challenged. The new staff have settled in very quickly and all programs are up and running. The after school clubs calendar will be hosted here today. I look forward to seeing you all soon.
The Elementary School will be hosting a “Back To School “evening on Sept.15 for all Grade PreK-5 parents and students .The evening will begin in the Al Rayes Auditorium at 6:30 pm with the introduction of the administration team and some general announcements.
Following the announcements the school will be open to visit with school staff and see the classrooms until 8:00 pm. Art, Music and Physical Education staff will be in their respective work areas while the Religion and Arabic staff will be met in the hallways in which they teach.
We welcome you to celebrate the start of a new school year to greet your child’s teacher.
I look forward to seeing you.
Elementary School Principal
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome back to AIS and another school year! I hope that your family has enjoyed a good vacation. We have just begun staff training and there is lots of excitement in the air! We are pleased to welcome Tyler Wilson and Brenda Azamian as elementary Assistant Principals.
At the end of school last year we sent report cards, class supply lists and your child’s class placement to you. Please refer to that email to refresh the information.
Class placements are final. A tremendous amount of thought goes in to the placement to make sure the class is designed for optimum learning for all. It is essential for a child to learn how to adapt to new surroundings and new people. Do not be swayed by feelings of uncertainty and some fear of the unknown. This is natural and your child will overcome this challenge.
- August 18 School offices open
- August 28 ES Open House (1:00 pm-2:30 pm)
- September 1 First Day of school PreK-Grade 5 (PK has a staggered start)
- September 15 ES Back To School Night. Please come and meet our staff.
I am looking forward to the new school year. My wish is that it is an exciting year full of growth and development for your child. Please feel free to contact me at the email below.
Elementary School Principal
ES School blog: aispyp.wordpress.com
Please be prepared with the following resources for the first week of school.
School Supply List 2014-2015