There is no supervision of students prior to 7:15a.m.
- Playground supervision begins at 7:15 a.m.
- Maids and drivers are not to bring elementary students to school prior to the start of teacher supervision at 7:15 a.m.
- Maids and drivers are to leave the school property once their responsibility of dropping the child at school has been completed.
- Students are to remain outside prior to the start of school unless accompanied in the classroom by their teacher or staff designate.
- Students may hang backpacks in their respective hallways but must return to the outside until the official entry beginning at 7:40 a.m.
- Elementary students may go to the library at 7:15 a.m.
- Students are to line up when the bell sounds, and teachers are to guide the students into the building
- Elementary students are to use the following areas for play and entry procedures:
- PK, KG1, KG2 – KG2 – Playground
- Grades 1 , 2 & 3 – Elementary Courtyard
- Grade 4 & 5 – Tennis Courts.
Late Arrival at School
- It is important for students to arrive at school on time each day; their late arrival is disruptive to their learning and the learning of all students in the classroom.
- Students that arrive at school late, 15 minutes after official entry will not be admitted to the classroom without a late pass obtained from the Elementary School Office.
Leaving School Early
- Before dismissal time, parents must obtain a “Permit to Leave Building” slip from the office prior to removing their child from the class.
- Maids and Drivers are not to be on school property prior to dismissal.
- PK students are dismissed from their classrooms at 1:00 p.m.
- KG1 & KG2 students are all dismissed from their classrooms at 2:30 p.m.
- Students in grades 1-3 will leave the classroom under teacher direction at 2:30 p.m. and congregate in their entrance position on the school grounds to be received by a parent or parent designate.
- Grade 4 & 5 students have alternate dismissal plans as designed and communicated to home by those grade level teachers.
- Parents or their designate are expected to pick up their child in a timely manner at the end of the official school day. Students in grades KG1-5 that are not picked up by 2:45 p.m. will stay with a designated staff person who will oversee the students in room KG 156.
- No elementary student will be dismissed on their own recognizance.
- There is no student play during dismissal.
- All elementary students with the exception of those attending club activities are required to leave our AIS school grounds at dismissal time, 2:30 p.m. Students are not permitted to remain on school presmises once the school day is complete. This applies to all school divisions.
- Bus students will be directed to the bus by appropriate personnel.