Healthy Food Choices and Student Health
We know that daily exercise and good eating habits contribute to the general well being of children. Our goal is to maintain a school environment that promotes good health and is mindful of those that are afflicted with childhood diabetes or food allergies. While the school cannot guarantee that a classroom, canteen or other student spaces are free from allergens that could negatively affect student health, it is our responsibility and that of class parents to be aware and take precautionary measures to protect the welfare of all children.
Our school canteens offer “Healthy Food “choices such as salads and sandwiches. Parents need to be mindful of what they pack in their child’s lunch or provide for recess snacks. Teachers work hard to establish good eating practices and have mandated only certain foods in specific classes. Healthy eating is the responsibility of home and school; together we can guide the children towards developing healthy lifestyles.
Parents are not to bring food items to be distributed by elementary teachers in their classrooms during the school day. The only exceptions will be Birthday Parties which will be held the last 30 minutes of the school day. Please see information on Birthday Parties below. Exceptions will include special occasions such as Gurgiyan or Halloween but in all cases permission for an exception will come from the school.
Lunch responsibility Students eat their lunch in their designated school area. Students can purchase items from their designated canteen area; however, we encourage all our students to purchase or consume only healthy food items: salads, sandwiches …
- PK, KG1, KG2 – KG2 Classroom.
- Grades 1 , 2 at 11:00 am & 3 at 11:30 am – Classroom or Elementary Courtyard
- Grades 4 & 5 – High School Canteen Area
The school enjoys celebrations but they must occur following these procedures in order that the work of school can occur unhampered and to protect the health of children with food sensitivities. Please do not bring in food or candy to be given out in the classroom without prior conversation and permission from your child’s classroom teacher. We have included the following guidelines in both English and Arabic. Our goal is to inform and assist situations where known student allergies are present in classrooms.
- A classroom teacher should be contacted at least 2 days prior to a child’s birthday.
- Food should be limited to a small cake or cupcakes only.
- Food for Pre-K, KG1 or KG2 classes is to be taken to the KG office first prior to the classroom.
- Food for Grade 1 through Grade 5 is to be screened at the elementary office prior to delivery to the classroom.
- Party gifts, favors, and characters are not allowed. These are better done in an after school party at home.
- Other students and guests are not allowed in the classroom. Our students are not allowed to go to classrooms of brothers, sisters or cousins for birthday parties.
أولياء الأمور الأعزاء،
نرجو منكم التقيد بالتالي فيما يتعلق بالإحتفال بأعياد الميلاد داخل الفصل:
- 1. الرجاء الإتصال بمدرسة الفصل لتحديد موعد مسبق.
تقتصر المأكولات المسموح بها على قالب الحلوى (الكيك) أو قطع الكيك الصغيرة.
الرجاء عدم إرسال الهدايا لتوزيعها على الطلبة
لا يسمح بخروج الطلبة من فصولهم لزيارة فصول أخرى للإحتفال بعيد ميلاد أحد الأقارب.
يمنع منعا باتا دخول الشخصيات الكرتونية أو القيام بتزيين الفصل.
شاكرين لكم تعاونكم.